Here’s the recipe for that Nutella Brownie from date night earlier this week. The recipe makes two brownies, but you could easily share just one between two. You absolutely must serve this with vanilla ice cream. I topped these with whipped cream, but the dessert is so decadent it needed more to cut the richness. I added a few leaves of fresh mint to dress it up further. It was the perfect treat for a relaxed week night date night.
Yield: 2 brownies
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Baking Time: 30 – 35 minutes
1/2 tbsp lactose-free butter or vegan margarine
1 tbsp cocoa
2 ounces lactose-free chocolate
4 1/2 tbsp lactose-free butter or vegan margarine
1 large egg
1/3 cup and 1 tbsp sugar
1/4 cup flour
Pinch of salt
4 tbsp lactose-free nutella (or regular Nutella if you aren’t lactose intolerant!)
4 tbsp lactose-free nutella
4 tbsp lactose-free milk
Vanilla Ice Cream
1. Pre-heat the oven to 300 degrees F.
2. Butter each ramekin and dust with cocoa. Set aside.
3. In the bowl of a double boiler, melt the chocolate and the butter. Stir well to combine.
4. In the bowl of your stand mixer, blend the egg and sugar. Add the chocolate mixture, flour and salt. Mix just until blended. Be careful not to over-mix.
5. Divide the batter between the two ramekins. Drop 2 tbsp of nutella into each ramekin. Gently fold the nutella into the batter (about 3 folds) with a fork.
6. Place the ramekins on a baking sheet, and bake for 30 – 35 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. The brownie will rise and be soft in the middle, and will deflate slightly as it cools.
8. While the brownies are cooling, mix the remaining nutella and milk in a saucepan. Stir over medium heat until the sauce is warm.
9. Gently turn the brownie out of the ramekin on a serving dish.
10. Top with the nutella sauce and a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!