Hello, there. It’s been awhile…I haven’t written anything since August! I’ve made some things here and there, but couldn’t find the words (or the photos) to share them. It’s taken some time off and a holiday party and good friends to help get me back into the kitchen and feeling like what I can make is worth sharing. My pals in a Band of Outriders hosted a holiday soiree, and I
selfishly selflessly brought a few dishes to pig out on share. The recipe winner of the night? Cheesy Spinach Dip.
This dip was the perfect mix of warm, gooey cheese and spinach to dip lovely bits of bread in. It was a dish made in heaven…er, my kitchen. It’s made with lactose-free cheeses, soy cream cheese, garlic, and spinach. You throw all the ingredients into a bowl, mix, top with cheese and put in the oven for a bit. It couldn’t be any easier! Easy to make, delicious to eat, lactose-free, and lovely to show up at a party with.
Cheesy Spinach Dip
Yield: 1 16-oz dish
1 8-oz package of lactose-free cream cheese (I used Tofutti)
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup shredded cheese (I’ve used a variety of cheeses, a mixture of two or three is nice, but use what you have.)
1 clove of garlic, peeled and minced
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp garlic salt
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup spinach
1/4 cup shredded mozzarella
1 14-oz can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1/2 cup kale
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Put all ingredients but the mozzarella cheese into a bowl and stir to mix.
3. Transfer the mixture to a lightly greased, oven safe serving dish. Cover with the mozzarella cheese.
4. Bake for 20 minutes. Turn the oven to a high broil, and continue to cook the dish until the cheese on top is golden and bubbly.
5. Serve hot with pieces of bread, crackers, chips or veggies. Enjoy!
(Adapted from Hot Artichoke and Spinach Dip found on All Recipes)