I recently had a few friends over who wanted to learn how to crochet. We called it our Stitch and Bitch Party…and yes, we’re all 20-somethings going on 60-somethings. We made a nice little night of it, and munched on sushi, girly drinks, my famous spinach dip and cereal party mix. We actually crocheted too. I’ll share a few photos below.
You’ve probably all had Cereal Party Mix before…whether your mom made it in years past, or you bought it at the grocery store. This version is very simple, tasty and you know what you’re putting in it! No mystery ingredients. You can also make endless variations, depending on what’s available in your pantry, the grocery store or what you and your guests feel like munching on! So mix, toast and then munch. And maybe stitching whilst bitching. Enjoy!
Cereal Munch Mix
Yield: 12 cups
12 cups of mixings (I used 2 cups of each: Cheerios, Crispix, Shreddies, pretzels and homemade bagel chips)
6 tbsp lactose-free margarine
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp hot sauce
1 1/2 tsp seasoning salt
3/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1. Pre-heat oven to 250 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, pour in your 12 cups of mixings.
3. In a glass measuring cup, mix the wet ingredients.
4. Drizzle the mixings with the wet ingredients. I did this in phases, little bit of liquid at a time, then mix, then more liquid and mixing until all of the cereal was as evenly coated as I could make it.
5. Transfer the mix to a large sheet pan, and spread out evenly.
6. Bake for 1 hour, stirring the mixture every 15 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and allow to cool before transferring to a serving dish.
(Adapted from The Original Chex Party Mix)